Friday, October 31, 2008

It's been a fantastic week here at McMurdo Station-- the weather has actually kept us from flying as much as we would like, but I was able to get out for my first couple of flights! It's the time of year to get all of the field camps flown in and set up so it's helpful if the weather is clear and fine for aviation.

We are all getting ready for the Halloween party tonight and enjoyed the Haunted House coordinated and set up in the Waste Barn last night... There's a wonderful and warm Coffee House here that I was able to visit for the first time this week when several very gifted musicians gathered for a Bluegrass pickin' session. They played for a couple of hours and appreciating listeners walked in and sat down to tap their toes and enjoy the tunes. It's strange to walk out at 10:30pm to full daylight!

I have yet to download the photos but will get a few more posted soon...

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Hi Ali,
I am really happy to hear they have bluegrass there!

Happy Halloween!!

Kristen

maditalian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
maditalian said...

Hey Ali ,
I am cold just looking on these pics.
I will think at you tomorrow when I go surfing in the warm Cali weather.

Baci Baci

M